AdBlue Emulator V4 EVO FH4 EURO 5 is compatible only with Volvo FH4/FM4 EURO 5 trucks. This installation manual describes the whole process of AdBlue Emulator device installation on compatible Volvo FH4/FM4 EURO 5 vehicles. We highly recommend you to delete all DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) errors from OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) system on your truck. The best option is to use the original Volvo diagnostic scanner. Also, it is recommended to check the OBD system after installation of AdBlue Emulator module because there might be errors related to installation procedures.
Connection diagram. Attention! Pay attention to the emulator sticker; colors of wires may vary.
Step 1: XC203 wire connections
- Turn off the ignition.
- Find the XC203 connector (refer to the images above)
- Connect the following wires: Yellow (emulator CAN1 High) to wire 7004 (truck XC203, pin 1), Green (emulator CAN1 Low) to wire 7005 (truck XC203, pin 2), Red (emulator positive) to wire 2020 (truck XC203, pin 26)
Step 2: XC213 wire connections
- Find the XC213 connector (refer to the images on the previous page)
- Connect the following wires: Brown (emulator ground) to wire 1 (truck XC213, pin 7)
Step 3: XC302 wire connections
- Find the XC302 connector (refer to the images on the previous page)
- Connect the following wires: Gray (emulator CAN2 High) to wire 7036 (truck XC302, pin 3), Orange (emulator CAN2 Low) to wire 7037 (truck XC302, pin 6)
Step 4: Disabling NOx and ACM modules
- Find the A174 connector on the ACM module
- Find the CCIOM module
Location of the CCIOM and ACM modules:
Disabling the ACM
- Cut the wire on pin 3 of the A174 connector
- Isolate the wire from both sides and plug the connector back in place
Disabling the NOx
Diagram for disabling ACM and NOx
Cut the 2020 wire on pin 3 (marked with the red X on the diagram below).
MAKE SURE TO ISOLATE THE WIRES!
- WHITE – POWER
- BROWN – GROUND
- GREY – CAN1 (HIGH)
- BLUE – CAN1 (LOW)
- YELLOW – CAN2 (HIGH)
- GREEN – CAN2 (LOW)
To enable retarder support set switches 1-ON, 2-OFF, to disable retarder support set both switches to OFF position.